Subject: [Leica] B&W conversion methods
From: csaganich at gmail.com (CJ andS)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 17:15:46 -0400

Difficult scene for a B&W conversion. The black adjustment removed most
detail in people pants and shirts creating walking specters. Looking at the
color I don't see that there are too many blacks anyway except small
sections of the lamp post or the back struts of the bench for example.  A
more subtile conversion without taking personal tastes or artistic
endeavors into consideration should show tonal difference between the back
of the bench by the persons behind and the diagonal strut underneath.  I'm
only imagining that is possible but in a darkroom situation I would be
trying to get that sort of distinction from the tones.