Subject: [Leica] Street Photography: a meme created on the internet
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 13:06:48 -0400

At the bottom you can click on this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_street_photographers
List of street photographers.
Id like to suggest that on this list of a hundred or so names 99 of them had
never ever heard the term "street photography" in their life.
I don't think there is a difference between candid photography and/or
documentary photographer and this so called "street photography". Which
doesn't need an urban environment or even people according to this BS
article. And certainly not streets. I guess you can do street photography of
trees... As long as you don't pose the squirrels.
I think street photographers are photojournalist wanabee' s who can't find a
job or who have never had one in photography.  But they want to feel
important anyway. Hence the cool sounding title. "I am not just walking
around the block with a roll of tri x I am doing STREET PHOTOGRAPHY".
A few tats and a piercing and a beret and an olive army surplus bag to put
your camera in and you're a street photographer dreaming about the good old
tri x days.
Its time to start cutting out the BS. Photography is fun and meaningful
enough we don't need to just make stuff up and pretend we all belive in it.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Street Photography: a meme created on the internet)