Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 6 speed issue?
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 19:34:40 -0700

I upgraded to 6 the first day, but have not had time to use it much as that
was the day before we left on our trip home.  We are about half way there
(Monterey, CA) and we have internet in our campground and power, so I have
been playing around.  It is very slow compared with 5. Especially slow
booting and slow switching from library to develop. And it takes longer to
import and change from NEF to DNG.  It use to do that in one process, but
now it takes two.  Loads all the NEF files then does the conversion.  Maybe
there is a way around that.

I am on my traveling  HP laptop, an I-5 second generation, with 4 GB of RAM
and most of my hard drive empty.  No GPU.  I sure hope it is better on my
desktop when I finally get home.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen any
speed differences.  I know they said it was supposed to be noticeably faster
since it was all new 64 bit code.  So far not impressed, at least about
that.  I have played around with a few new features that will allow me to
not go to Photoshop as often.  I like that idea.  I use PS less and less and
LR has added more and more features since version 1.

Aram

Aram Langhans

(Semi) Retired  Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Lightroom 6 speed issue?)
Reply from gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Lightroom 6 speed issue - update)
Reply from scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Lightroom 6 speed issue?)
Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Lightroom 6 speed issue?)