Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wales
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 01:32:15 +0100

Fair enough, Gerry, I'm getting old and the old eyes must be playing up!
I've only been over there about fifty or sixty times in all sorts of
weathers and the various shades of green I've seen there over the years
don't match the slightly unearthly glow I saw in the green in Tina's photo.
Where I live is sixty miles across the Irish Sea from Snowdon. I used to be
able to see the summit of Snowdon from the top of Bray Head beside by old
house. Strangely enough, the varying weather is very similar to, if not the
exact same as, Wales!

The reasons I went to Wales so many times was because I was involved in fell
running and as a result was out in the mountains there a lot, particularly
in Snowdonia. I'm a life member of the FRA and I have the latest issue of
their magazine "The Fellrunner" on my desk here in front of me. No unearthly
looking greens in the race photos in the mag...

Anyway in the general scheme of things, it doesn't amount to a hill of
beans!

Douglas