Subject: [Leica] New Leica Type 246 Monochrom
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:57:06 -0400

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-news/2015/04/sample-images-leica-monochr
om-type-246/

Or

http://tinyurl.com/q5e3nng

Samples in those urls above

I think its  key move Leica as moved on to develop M monochrome photography
it will be interesting to see just how high this CMOS based monochrome
camera can take us iso wise I think we'll be shooting in the darkest coal
mines at midnight and beyond.
This could be the key milestone project for Leica.
Huge Leica monochrome prints captures action and depth of field at night
really representing Leica phase too getting people stop apologizing for
shooting digital. This really makes us realize that digital is not just a
convenience.
I wonder if S shooters will demand a Monochrom S body? I know there is a
monochrome option as a back somewhere in the medium format digital world.

The 246 I think the fact that its a monochrome CMOS sensor should make it go
even higher iso wise than existing DSLR'S the pros are shooting. I'll be
curious about that.
Instead of leica shooting dragging behind DSLR shooting it would now pull
ahead.