Subject: [Leica] IMG: Brighton Beach - Our true intent is all for your Delight
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 21:10:29 +0200

> On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 8:14 PM, Gerry Walden <gerry.walden at icloud.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday I visited a new landscape photographic gallery in Brighton,
>> and whilst there took this image overlooking the beach:
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gwpics/_2AE3267.jpg.html <
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gwpics/_2AE3267.jpg.html>

So reminiscent of John Hinde's Butlins adverts and postcards.
Yours Gerry, albeit being in BW, show the same soul, that of the everlasting
Britain of the 60s :-)

http://we-english.co.uk/blog/2009/08/19/butlins-reborn-and-the-john-hinde-postcards/

" The postcards were brought together in a wonderful book edited by Martin
Parr and published by Chris Boot. Our True Intent is all for Your Delight
was published in 2005.

?Long viewed only as a master of kitsch Hinde is now recognised, albeit
posthumously, as a peerless social documentarian. Dazzling in their their
colour intensity and strange clarity?. Visionary, Wonderful.? Sean O?Hagan,
The Observer, London

?Extraordinary?the combination of aesthetics and promotion produced
something that bypasses documentary and approaches an arresting British
surrealism.? David Jays, Financial Times "

Congrats and thanks for bringing up sweet memories of Clacton-on-Sea. Well,
that was long before UKIP ?.

Amities
Philippe

Replies: Reply from gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] IMG: Brighton Beach - FAO PHILIPPE)