Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 22/4/2015
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:13:02 +0200

My trip to Latvia is now over, I am writing this in Copenhagen where I
stopped for the weekend on my way back to Spain. I really loved Riga and
have lots of pictures to process. This was my first visit to any of the
three Baltic countries, and I left with a very positive impression of the
Latvian people and what they have achieved since emerging from decades of
Soviet occupation in 1991. But they also keep to their traditions, one of
which is good food, good beer, and folk dancing. On Wednesday night we went
to a place that combines all three.

The music was a violin and an accordeon. The light on the violinist was
quite nice at times:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=4011994527&k=Jd6WX74&lb=1&s=O

And here is my English colleague Stephanie getting into the swing of things:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=4011994783&k=dFDRT7d&lb=1&s=O

The second image could be sharper, I know, but photographing briskly moving
people in a dark place has its challenges?and no, I will not stoop so low as
to use flash.

The place is highly recommended:
http://www.folkklubs.lv
(and like most other things in Riga, quite cheap).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain