Subject: [Leica] IMG Belgrave House
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 12:25:12 +0100

This is Belgrave House which was built in the early 1850s. It's on Belgrave
Square West, Monkstown just around the corner from me . The flourish above
the front door certainly has an element that heralds the rise of the Art
Nouveau movement towards the end of that century. Unfortunately, the pole
outside makes it hard to photograph. I'll find out more about the house as
time goes on and try to get a better shot of it. Fuji X100S

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Monkstown/Monkstown_33.jpg.html

As you can see the lens on the pocket Fuji is too wide to be kind to
architectural straight lines.

Douglas

ps sold in Jan '14 for in excess of 1.9m euros probably close to half of
what it would have gone for in the madness of the '07 boom.