Subject: [Leica] RIP My Newspaper
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 09:04:00 +0100

I fear you are typical Mark. I find it really scary that the most powerful
nation on earth?s voters are more interested in their neigbours aircon than
world affairs, personally.
The UK was the ?Worlds police? for a couple of hundred years, up to being
bankrupted by WW2, and it was an important part of school syllabus here to
know and understand the geography and history of different parts of the
world. The decisions were clearly biased and not always good, but were
certainly much better informed than now that the USA is the ?Worlds police?
and has voters neither interested in, nor informed about, the parts of the
world their young men are being sent to die in.
Really should be in the forum so that is enough from me.
Frank