Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Waiting at Community Memorial Emergency…
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 12:51:05 -0500

As an "elderly gentleman" who just turned 85 this week, I have mixed
emotions about this thread.  I am well aware of my slower reaction time
and other characteristics of aging, and I try to choose my driving times
and destinations with those thoughts in mind.  I do not turn on the
radio, or other distractions, while driving.  As I watch traffic at
intersections, aware of "New Jersey stops" and other habits of impatient
drivers, the thing that really stands out is the number of female
drivers with cell phones propped on their left shoulders as they make
their way home after a long day at work.  I'm not being sexist here, but
they are the majority of the phoning drivers that are out there.

I am much more concerned about being hit by one of these distracted
drivers than I am by one of my elderly counterparts.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA