Subject: [Leica] Screw the Nocti...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 14:08:20 -0400

When I finished school and started out moving to Portland Oregon all the
photographers doing street work which I met starting out were using a 28 or
a 24's on their Nikon's and that was the lens on their camera they always
used. All I has was a 45mm at first..  A couple of years later I went with a
24 2.8 ai in 1977 I used wedding money to get it and a Nikon FM to put it
on.. I got a 28 2.8 years later.
And years later I replaced those two lenses with AF versions which I still
use.
Most of us and most photographers I've ever met unless they were just
starting out had both a 28 and a 24. Nobody ever didn't have either. That
would be crazy. Its always been a basic focal length. Its one of the frame
lines in M's since the M2 in 1957. Did you want to have frame lines pop up
in your M that you didn't have a lens for? No you didn't. Perhaps with the
exception of the 135mm. Or a 75mm.