Subject: [Leica] RIP, my newspaper
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:23:38 -0400

Though if your only source for news residing there in Singapore was NBC News
you'd not have heard about it on the evening news. But then again this might
say more about you the viewer than the state of American news companies set
up in other countries as in Why would you watch that?  I'm sure you'd be
watching BBC or locally produced news. Produced and done by real Singapore
people.

On 3/30/15 7:17 AM, "Joseph Low" <joelct at singnet.com.sg> wrote:

> As a Singapore citizen - I thank Howard for his observation and comments -
> yours also

Singapore is called the "little red dot" and described by The
> Economist as "the shrimp with a sting"

In the last 50 years since
> independence - Singapore improved its lot - and made a name for itself -
> all
> no less attributable to the lifelong work and passion of our first Prime
> Minister Lee Kuan Yew who passed on last Monday at age 91 - he and his team
> crafted the new Singapore

At the state funeral - kings, presidents and Prime
> Ministers attended to pay respects - it was said often that for its small
> size
> - Singapore punched above its weight - on many fronts

Those that failed to