Subject: [Leica] more info on Leica M9 & third party batteries
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:42:37 -0700

Lithium battery are "smart" batteries. A lot of the high end electronics
detect whether you are using a clone battery and if so, either refuse to
function or give reduced functionality. Sounds like Leica is doing the
latter. Leica will probably not intentionally damage the camera per se,
just think of the backlash.