Subject: [Leica] Shoot less... ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 18:48:36 -0400

Lots of people are using this "one good image" phrase but its a result.
What this thread is all about is how many images should it or could it take
to get that one this good image.

When I got hired to do a head shot which was my bread and butter I shot a
roll maybe two.
Maybe it was 35mm maybe it was 120.
But they sure had plenty to chose from. And was fairly par for the course.
A few times I'm sure I wished I'd shot three rolls as I'm really sweating
bullets over the contact sheet hoping I'd got it. People can be tricky and
nervous.

I think if you were shooting 8x10 sheet film then maybe two or three
exposures might make a shoot. Or maybe even one! Each sheet of sheet film
you shoot gets taken very very seriously. Especially the real big ones.

Nobody was ever talking on this thread about spraying a camera around with
ones finger held down and the motor drive.
Its about how many shots it takes to feel like you got a good one.
Doug mentioned using a motor drive to photo birds which I'd think would not
be a surprise for anybody not seem like a bad thing.

>>> http://www.imagist.com/blog