Subject: [Leica] Photo show dissent
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 16:59:18 -0400

Larry, that?s a bigoted and historically unsupportable view. Photographers
have combined images to make totally conceptual scenes since the 19th
century, most famously by Jerry Uelsmann starting in the 1960s and
continuing to the present day. Ansel Adams famously stated that the
negative was like a musical score, a starting point that the artist uses
to produce the final performance (the print).

Art and photography are most certainly NOT two different media.
Photography is an art media, one of many, including painting, sculpture,
ceramics, drawing, and graphic printmaking (eg. Etching, lithography).
There is a lot of overlap, these are not absolutely separate art forms.
The painter, sculptor and printmaker incorporate drawing into their work.
The printmaker can transfer photos to the etching plate. Photographers can
paint and draw on the photo, or manipulate it on the computer, and
computer graphics can be purely drawing without using photos.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook