Subject: [Leica] This is a fun and maybe image saving website....
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 23:25:47 -0400

I think it's a poor second to an MRC nano filter, since regardless of other
mechanical protection, a hood does little to keep dust off a front element.
And cleaning dust is how lenses get scratched up. And if I have to use a
t-shirt or tie to clean optics in a pinch, I'd rather scrape a filter than a
lens.

Dante