Subject: [Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:07:48 -0500

Well if "All of the above" no one can help you.

I have a hard enough time editing my own work to my very limited criteria.
And I've always been a very tight shooter.
I've never been a "shoot for everyone and all markets" kind of photographer.
I've always pursued a specific story; a feature; and an aesthetic style.
During the photojournalist years it was by assignment;
including assignments I would give to myself and sell later.
During the commercial years it was by commission;
including portfolio shoots I'd commission myself.
During the Fine Art years it was for a specific body of work.

Quality always mattered much more than quantity of frames.
Always wanted to shoot "better" than others on the scene.
Always wanted to shoot "better" than my own last shoot.

Always sort felt like every frame should be a great photograph.

By "light table" I mean that I'd need to pull your photos into a program
like Light Room or Bridge or Something that would allow me to EDIT. To mark.
To set into different collections. To compare and contrast at different
magnifications. The same process photo editors have been doing since the
dawn of the craft - using a light table and a loupe - and various piles -
and index cards - and labels - and and and

a note off the iPad, George

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part)
Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part)
Message from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part)