Subject: [Leica] PESO: Lluis on Tri-X
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 13:41:19 -0400

soft and grainy is not part of the Tri X routine. Tri x can have well
controlled sharp grain with large prints.
The default look of the 60's and 60's into the 80's when tab grain film came
out was D76 1:1 in tri x.  can be printed with plenty of snap have plenty of
apparent sharpness and again with well controlled grain.

The image below  appears to be completely un tweaked. No one bothered to
come in and adjust the contrast and then exposure to what it needed,
That would have meant having to lift a pinky finger.
Its the way tri x can look coming back from Walgreens. The drug store.