Subject: [Leica] Some say Hasselblad must only be used on tripod...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:37:58 -0400

You've told us about the push ups you do in the morning.
I just got an exercise mat. Need to put together a routine. I hope people
don't now think they can spend the night at my place when they visit new
York.
I get lots of exercise from walking and I grab some shots while I'm at it
but if there is one extra lens cap in my side bag I feel it. I need
everything ultra light weight. But I do walk not short distances and often
all day. I'm getting something with wheels for my gear. Balloons too!
And roller skates.

Ted I had two 24 expose backs for my Hassies. Don't know why I used the past
tense. Other than there is no more 220 film made by anybody in this solar
system. But I still have the backs.
24 on a roll I feel like I can really wail. Especially when I have another
back I can slip on in a few seconds with another 24 in it.
Wedding photographers loved them.

A main point is lots of people on chat groups make a big point of declaring
the limitations of Hassy. They claim you can't use it like a Rolleiflex for
street work.  Only in the studio. Well we know you can.

I saw a picture of one on the back of a pop photog it was a thumbnail ad the
first issue I ever bought in 1964 and its all I ever wanted since.
It took me till 1979 to get one. I was 28 and a half.

On 3/17/15 12:22 PM, "Ted Grant" <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> Naw it was being on the go all the time back and forth in Canada coast to
> coast, the USA quite often. Not much sit around time "shooting flowers!"
> ;-)
>
> Yes and I too played high school football for two years and hockey in the
> winter from a little kid! No different today! I walk nearly everyday for 45
> minutes logging distants and time. Hell yes some days it's tough as one
> comes-up to the magical youthful age of 86 on May 27th/2015.
>
> And yes some days it's hell. But I'll be damned if I'm going to end-up
> watching TV most days sitting on my ass! OLD? Heck that's an unfortunate
> attitude for some folks.:-(  By the same token I have days when the
> attitude
> hardly get's one out of bed! AND I HATE IT WITH A VENGANCE! I'll never be
> "OLD!" I'll politely be an "ELDER!"  ;-)
>
> But the days of the Hassies was great. Although so often I wished they had
> 36 exposure rolls!! ;-)
>
> cheers,
> ted.

>>> shops. Photos were always sharp, and the camera was a pleasure to use