Subject: [Leica] I got published in Sky & Telescope magazine, but...
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 18:57:56 -0400

The standard payment for photos printed in the feature where mine appeared
is $50. I couldn?t care less about this payment, though. The important thing
was to get what I thought was a beautiful image with both esthetic and
scientific appeal for fellow amateur astronomers printed in such a way as to
retain both. The published image had neither. Images showing just the face
of the eclipsed Moon are worthwhile, but only if made with adequate aperture
and FL for better detail and resolution, and this wasn?t one of those.
Frankly, I?d rather they not have used it than cropped out all of the appeal
it had.

?howard