Subject: [Leica] The anatomy of model numbers
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 21:13:54 -0500

Hi Herb,

It's interesting you should bring up the ERA 1101.  The original data
reduction computers in the three main facilities at Arnold Engineering
Development Center were these machines, or a variation. I seem to recall
them a 1102s, but, after 60 years, my memory could be faulty.  They did
an excellent job with calibrations and test programs in the 1950s, but
did require an operator at the console to make inputs from time to time.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA