Subject: [Leica] M8 RAW--high ISO improvement!
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 22:15:55 -0700

And you get to take IR photos as well with the M8.... Try that with an
M(240)!   ( I did, it sucks.  Ditto the M9.  Anyone know about the MM for IR
photography?))
Nothing I do requires ( emphasized) the use of a big buffer or fast writes.

Never sell a piece of Leica equipment,  YOU WILL REGRET IT......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

No argument there, Nathan--the Fujis do an amazing job in low light.  I'm
just pointing out a way to extend the M8's low light abilities. My E-M5 is a
little too laggy to be a real decisive-moment camera.  I often prefer RF
focusing and direct optical viewing in low light situations. If I can get it
with a little computer-geek sleight of hand, why not?  The jury is still out
on whether the con side is worth it--i.e, the buffer limitations and the
fact that you have to turn off battery save to avoid losing the RAW setting.
 But so far, it looks promising. And it's cheaper than blowing $7 or $8K for
an M240 or an MM.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 RAW--high ISO improvement!)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 RAW--high ISO improvement!)