Subject: [Leica] You know those PanaLeicas......
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 13:36:17 +0100 (CET)

Actually, if you take the trouble to read the German article, you get a
somewhat different picture. The departing CEO is not "potentially"
departing, he IS departing, to be replaced by Oliver Kaltner, until now
responsible for operations and marketing, and with a past at Microsoft and
Sony. The change surprised analysts because Leica's financial performance
in the past few years has been good. Rather than looking to sell Leica,
the theory in the magazine is that Blackstone is looking for even higher
profitability from Leica to offset its other major German investment, Jack
Wolfskin, that is not doing well.

Nowhere in the article is there any mention of a potential sale of
Blackstone's Leica shares. Also note that Andreas Kaufmann is still the
majority shareholder.

Cheers,
Nathan