Subject: [Leica] Konost "Leica" YA GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 08:27:46 -0600

As I've pointed out before, and demonstrated with images, the A7s seems to
have overcome the wide angle issues.  I recently photographed the American
Cemetery here, and the images were blown up to 5 feet high for a display.
The lens was a V/C 15mm M.

I also often shoot happily with the 21 pre asph M that you hate.  I've used
the 28 Minolta M on it, but I don't care for the focal length as much as the
35, so not enough to report.

I own more lenses than anyone needs, including the wonderful Zeiss 55mm FE,
and the camera seems happy with them all.

from my iPad

Sonny Carter

> [...]
> Leica M9.
>
> Both from
>> real camera companies . . .
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Mark Rabiner
>> <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> When the T came out I thought I was not the
>> only one who had no interest in
>> it as it was a cropped camera and the idea
>> of shooting thought the centers
>> of my Leica M glass does not appeal to me in
>> a compact camera I was
>> expecting an answer to Sony's RX1 a camera which like
>> the film based Rollei
>> 35 gave a Leica screw mount or M a run for its money
>> which fits in your
>> pocket and cost quite a bit less.
>> Leica though had
>> other ideas on undercutting itself and seems happy with
>> the
>> idea that you
>> need now seven grand to power your cache of Leica M glass.
>> This is ok as
>> other companies can supply that whim as they've done in the
>> past.
>>
>> The
>> Leica T has an interface which compares with an IPhone.
>> I'm not looking for
>> that as I can just about make a phone call on my iPhone
>> unless they go the
>> whole route and allow me to make phone calls with it.
>> Then I can stare at it
>> all day like everyone else does. Read War and Peace
>> on the back.
>>
>> My main
>> axe to grind is this camera is not vaporware as in a fig Newton of
>> some
>> software designers imagination.
>> Its crowd funding ware.. A new thing foisted
>> upon us in the camera
>> industry.
>> "I will come out with this cool camera if
>> you all pretend I'm Muscular
>> Sclerosis and send me a big pile of money"
>> Id
>> love  for a real camera company to come out with a simple and concise
>> full
>> frame M glass solution. One which won't dissolve when everyone decides
>> they
>> are not their new favorite charity.
>>
>> On 2/24/15 4:40 PM, "Geoff Hopkinson"
>> <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Dr Ted it is a concept that they hope
>> will appeal to enough people
>>> get enough money so that they can try to
>> develop and market it. I think
>>> that it would be a formidable challenge to
>> produce especially with a
>>> comparatively miniscule R&D budget, no
>> manufacturing base or experience.
>>> As far as I know Kyle's figure of USD
>> 1300 was just a speculation on what
>>> people might pay for such a camera
>>>
>> The styling and concept looks to be copied straight from an actual Leica
>>>
>> (the T)
>>> Take a look:
>>>
>> http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-T/Leica-T-Camera-System
>>> It
>> has its own AF lens system and an adapter that allows the use of M

>>> Geoff