Subject: [Leica] Leica is now selling pre-brassed cameras so every couch potato can look like a badass journalist
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:16:22 -0600

An M-P certainly is not a "very silly" camera.

The "pre-brassing" isn't silly UNLESS no one buys the things.
If they all sell? to whom ever? for what ever reason and/or price?
well than it all becomes quite "un-silly."

I'd choose to spend money in a different manner?
though I can't afford to collect stuff?
except when fellow artists and crafts folk agree to barter?

My metal working, wood working, and ceramicist friends and clients do work
very hard on their hand rubbed, sometimes "distressed" surfaces, patinas,
glazes and finishes. And they charge according to those hard won "looks."

To each their own.

I'd like a cheaper M? just unfinished brass? no paint? no rubbing off the
paint? just give me the cheaper price for not having to "finish" the damn
thing at all. My work with the tool will supply the "finish."

;~)

a note off the iPad, George