Subject: [Leica] Peter Lik's Recipe for Success: Sell Prints. Print Money. - NYTimes.com
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 02:22:46 -0500

Likewise on the lifetime of zone system use like George.
The world is a diverse place filled with all kinds of people using cameras
to take millions of pictures of each other every single darned day on every
single continent.. The technology does not leave some of them behind because
of their skin shade or color. Its not like film sold less  somewhere because
of a certain peoples tricky skin color.
As far as a more serious approach with a light meter we look at any tone and
place at or plan where its going to fall or even use auto settings with
smart use of the override.
People come in all colors and shades but so do trees. So do rocks. So does
buildings. There is no problem photographing dark shades verses light
shades. You just place them where you want them to be in the print.

I can also say from another standpoint that I've photographed a fair amount
of weddings. Like over a hundred in 33 years.  The bride is wearing a long
shockingly white dress which has to retain texture and the groom is wearing
a black tuxedo and a white shirt. They are both in the same shot often.  It
could possible be said this to be a contrast problem.  A One Hour Photo shop
would not always be up for it so a pro wedding photographer delvers a
product which is at least a grade up from that. From snapshots.
For the people themselves  in the wedding wearing these clothes to have
faces of not all the same light hue is really no big deal in comparison but
in any case..  It was not a problem for my custom wedding printers or for me
when I started printing them.
It's all good. Photography is for everybody.