Subject: [Leica] 35 1.4
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:30:47 +0100

Leo,

If you are in Facebook a guy called Cemal Sagnak is using it after a while,
a friend o me would purchase the Distagon too and had a long conversation
with Cemal, he is very kind. His has both Distagon 35 1.4 and Lux ASPH 35
1.4, once I?ve asked him and his response was absolutely clear, he prefer
the Lux. On the pictures I?ve saw, the Lux give better contrast and
sharpness, the Zeiss is more smooth and IMO it is even more prominent to
produce flare.

I have the old Summilux 35 pre and I?ve checked it against the Lux 35 ASPH
(not FLE), differences are very small, just on contrast and flare, I agree
what Erwin Puts say in his book, up to f 2.8 it is practically impossible
see any difference on the pictures with one or the other lens, concerning
the FLE I think the difference is on the distortion on the shortest
distances.

IMHO the Lux 35 ASPH (the previous to the FLE) is an excellent option, IMHO
the main problem with the LUX 35 pre is the flare when you shot at f 1.4 or
1.4/2 against a point of light, beside this, if you like the smooth tones
and there is not important the closed focusing distance (the old 1 m., the
news ASPH ,7 m.), the pre asph is a very nice and small lens.

Cheers
Lluis

El 16/02/2015, a las 00:10, Leo Wesson <leowesson at gmail.com> escribi?: