Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nola Wedding with a Leica & Fuji XT1
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 19:02:55 +0100

With a few exceptions, that is true of most photo groups on FB. I think the
worst I have been around is the Film Photographers. People post the worst
garbage and get tons of likes.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu
http://www.greatpix.eu

YNWA

> On 04 Feb 2015, at 17:49, chris williams <zoeica at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks guys!
>
> Ha! The XFUG. There are a couple of these on FB but usually the quality of
> images is ehhhh.
>
> ?
>
> Chris Williams
> www.zoeicaimages.net
> 504-231-6261
>

> On Feb 03, 2015, at 07:17 PM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Some lovely wedding work from you as usual Chris and relevant practical
>> tech discussion with pictures! The XFUG is blossoming too ;-)
>>

>> Cheers
>> Geoff
>> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>>
>> On 4 February 2015 at 10:06, Montie <montoid at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>> BW looks great. Last point well taken, set it up for anticipated
>>> conditions,
>>> then, just go shoot.
>>> Montie
>>> From: chris williams <zoeica at mac.com> [Add to Address Book]
>>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>>> Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nola Wedding with a Leica & Fuji XT1
>>> Date: Feb 3, 2015 4:17 PM
>>> Ok so there are some Canon images in here as well :)
>>> Apologies in advance for a sort of off topic post and also for using non
>>> full frame :)
>>> Weapons of battle -
>>> Fuji XT1 with battery grip
>>> 18-55/2.8 -4 OIS
>>> 56/1.2 APD version
>>> 50-140/2.8 OIS
>>> Fuji flash with Cactus V triggers
>>> Leica M9-P
>>> 21mm 2.8
>>> Nikon flash with TTL cord
>>> Most of these images are Fuji. The Leica on 82,83,85,87 and 90.
>>> http://www.zoeicaimages.com/katieandgerry/
>>> So the Fuji XT1 is not quite as fast with AF as Canon or Nikon with some
>>> lenses but what it lacks in speed it makes up for in less weight and a
>>> quieter if almost silent shutter sound. People will comment and say the
>>> camera didn't take the picture since they didn't hear it. Happened a few
>>> times. My body thanks me with more evenly weight distribution on my
>>> shoulders compared to my usual Leica on one side and heavy Nikon gear on
>>> the other. The Fuji 50-140/2.8 is the heaviest X lens but then again
>>> it's a
>>> fast telephoto zoom so I don't expect it to be super light. It's probably
>>> also Fuji's sharpest lens so far IMO. It's what made me get the XT1.
>>> There are a few things to consider when taking the XT1 into "war" (thanks
>>> Tina and Ted) for an 8 hour wedding.
>>> - The 56/1.2 sounds awesome for portraits but it is slow to auto focus so
>>> time has to be thought out for this. I'm assuming it's the freaking huge
>>> glass. I could switch to manual focus but who wants to MF a 85mm lens at
>>> wedding? Yeah not me.
>>> - Flash system. Fuji has been lacking in this though I'm sure something
>>> will come out later with more power or at least give me a synch socket on
>>> the flash! The current EF-42 is just not powerful enough for weddings. I
>>> can use Pocketwizards on it but when moving around I really need a flash
>>> on
>>> camera. I bought the Cactus V system to go along with Fuji's flash since
>>> my
>>> Nikon flashes have totally different contacts and will not work directly
>>> on
>>> a Fuji. It was fairly simple to use though it was not quite as reliable
>>> as
>>> my Pocketwizards and does make the XT1 a bit top heavy.
>>> - Batteries. The XT1 is a battery vampire. I have 5 on me. I used 4 up in
>>> 8 hours. My M9 probably uses 3 in that amount of time. But then my M9
>>> does
>>> not have an EVF almost constantly on.
>>> - The "kit" lens 18-55/2.8-4 is a pretty good lens. It's not the best
>>> around midzoom but at wide and 55 it's well worth getting this lens to
>>> have
>>> as a standard less. OIS is a plus in low light.
>>> - The buttons are tiny. My big fingers sometimes get confused on the back
>>> of the camera and I have to get better at using the EVF to "control" the
>>> camera instead of hunting for buttons.
>>> - Kind of what some do with the M9, underexposre at high ISO's seems to
>>> work better when processing images. The high is pretty good, but it won't
>>> do what a Nikon D4 will do.
>>> - Make what settings work for you and save them in the camera. Easy to
>>> switch to another setting that way if needed. I learned this in Puerto
>>> Rico
>>> while speeding by cyclists and trying to change menu options.
>>> Guess that's it for now. Back to editing!
>>> Chris Williams
>>> www.zoeicaimages.net
>>> 504-231-6261