Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sun and Shadows in the Cloister
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:45:40 +0530

Very nice! Reminds me of a curtal sonnet by Gerard Manley Hopkins, called
Pied Beauty - a poet known for his use of alliteration:

Glory be to God for dappled things ?
   For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow;
      For rose-moles all in stipple upon trout that swim;
Fresh-firecoal chestnut-falls; finches? wings;
   Landscape plotted and pieced ? fold, fallow, and plough;
      And ?ll tr?des, their gear and tackle and trim.

All things counter, original, spare, strange;
   Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)
      With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;
He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:
                                Praise him.

Cheers
Jayanand