Subject: [Leica] Is the M7's exposure processing different from the M6 TTL's or the M8's?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:18:46 -0800

Hi Adam,

For all my years of using my M7's? And now M8's I couldn't tell you anything
about the guts inside, other than?

I loaded rolls of film and neat rolls of exposures came out? :-) How? Never
ever occurred to me to ask! Never cared in any event, as the only thing that
really ever matters "IS?" The content of what you've captured! Besides they
were LEICA's and I didn't expect anything but "LEICA PERFECTION!"

My goal regarding equipment and the guts that make them work? They capture
what I see when I go:
 "KISS CLICK!" :-)

And as long as the M8 stuff looks cool and looks better if I should push
"AUTO COLOUR!" And it looks cool? I don't fiddle with it! When I "CLICK"
auto-contrast and I like what I see? "DON'T MESS WITH IT AND SCREW IT UP!"
Why?

I consider the computer is a hell of a lot smarter than I! :-) See it's all
about "KISS!" Besides with the auto stuff if you don't like what you see?
You just undo it back to what it was....... "and do a little fiddling!"
Sometimes fiddling is more fun and interesting! ;-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)