Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Biggest Camera I Ever Used
From: zeissler at mac.com (Mitch Zeissler)
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 02:41:30 -0500

The largest camera I ever worked with was a NuArc horizontal process camera,
with which we used pin-registered 8x10 or 11x14 Kodalith film.

Closest thing I found on the interwebs were these photos:
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/docviewer/aucdoc/photo6.JPG?auc=955302&docid=7773693

<http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/docviewer/aucdoc/photo6.JPG?auc=955302&docid=7773693>
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/docviewer/aucdoc/photo5.JPG?auc=955302&docid=7773692

<http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/docviewer/aucdoc/photo5.JPG?auc=955302&docid=7773692>
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/docviewer/aucdoc/photo1.JPG?auc=955302&docid=7773704

<http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/docviewer/aucdoc/photo1.JPG?auc=955302&docid=7773704>
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/docviewer/aucdoc/photo2.JPG?auc=955302&docid=7773703

<http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/docviewer/aucdoc/photo2.JPG?auc=955302&docid=7773703>

Compared to the camera in the photos, ours had a 12 foot range of horizontal
travel and was all in one room, like this one:
http://www.osti.gov/home/sites/www.osti.gov.home/files/imported/60th/1970/p7hg_img_1/fullsize/1970s_darkroom_camera_fs.jpg

<http://www.osti.gov/home/sites/www.osti.gov.home/files/imported/60th/1970/p7hg_img_1/fullsize/1970s_darkroom_camera_fs.jpg>

It was a beast.  20?x24? rotating film board with vacuum back; 30?x40?
rotating copy board; four 800 watt lights.  When we were putting together a
multi-image presentation, we would shoot Kodalith negs for days on end ?
300-400 8x10 sheets was pretty typical for a big show.  You had to use ear
plugs because the vacuum system was so loud.

Mitch Zeissler
===
   Website: http://exploratorius.us/