Subject: [Leica] The decisive moment..... NOT!! TED & al.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 18:50:31 -0500

This decisively looks like a click once and walk way shot.
Something about the expression "the decisive moment" makes people think you
click once and walk way. You gotta make your own luck.
HCB might have shot a roll and picked a shot from from it. Making the odds
of him hitting the big one 36 times greater. Plus as your shooting your
adjusting angles and figuring stuff out. Stuff happens.
The decisive moment comes when you're pouring over the contact sheet with
your red grease pencil and Schneider loupe and you find the million dollar
shot and you put an x on it. You yell out "I got it!".  Then you print it.
Or the digital equivalent.