Subject: [Leica] The myths of crop factor
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 01:03:19 -0500

I can tell you that when I was shooting cropped with nikon D40x and D200 I
could top off at a noisy iso 1600 but would have to set it down to iso 800
for critical work. In those low light levels I certainly tired not to crop
so much.
When I got my first full frame D700 walking home from movie shooting as I
walk my auto iso has always got me shooting at iso 6400.  That's two stops
faster than 1600 three more than 800. And my pix are near noise free and
very droppable.

This and the fact well know to everybody except it seems here that APS-C and
4/3's cameras  are clearly marketed to and used by amateurs. Not pros ore
serious armatures. They are just not pro level gear.
This is my quirky opinion this is a well known fact of photography life.
If you want to pretend your small format digital camera belongs in the same
conversation as a Leica M6, M7, or M240 you're in your own little dream
world. But your not going to argue any ideas or facts your just going to
sling personal insults. The idea being I'm looking bad as a result. I think
not.