Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pt. Lobos on WSNKT Day
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 13:12:10 -0800

Down there on the coast of California there was a not bad shooter. ;-) ANSEL
ADAMS I believe it was?

A rock & fern kinda guy! Not a bad beach, ocean waves, mountains and sand
chap? OH yes and I believe he did somethlng with a "half moon?"  Or was it a
"Half mountain?"

He was quite good actually. But it had much to do with his developing
system, I believe? Something to do with a ZONE SYSTEM ? JUST LIKE A "SPEED
ZONE AROUND SCHOOLS" I could never figure out how to use it"

Because by the time the light and subject passed me while counting the
zones? The Olympic race was over!" And I missed the shot! :-(

My philosophy is? SEE IT, SHOOT IT!! KISS! DON'T THINK! "KEEP IT SIMPLE
STUPID!" Click!

NOW WE HAVE A NEW CHAP............ "ROBERT ADLER" I believe? Damn fine
shooter really, puts this Adams chap to shame using benches and pianos on
the beach! :-) Far more entertaining to say the least. A damn fine lad all
round and doesn't use some weird counting zones kind of stuff!"" I believe
his system is sort of?? "SEE---SHOOT! SAVE!" :-) Awww the simplistic aspect
of "Don't think, just shoot!" :-)

While on the topic of ZONEs? There's only one zone in the world worth paying
super attention to?

It's called "THE DEMILITARY ZONE!" Between N. & S. Korea! Don't bother with
it.....just don't go there!:-) Been there, don't go as there are guys with
guns who would like to destroy you for taking pictures.

One can only say about this fine/imaginative photog Robert Adler?

"Hey Bob, just keep doing what you do with yer voodoo beach camera magical
eyes!! click!"

Oh yeah and have an absolutely wonderful Christmas Day and a 2015 year, if
not the best in yer life!

cheers,
Dr. ted