Subject: [Leica] Noctilux and Sony A7?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 11:15:41 +1000
References: <27373742.1418411259652.JavaMail.root@mswamui-chipeau.atl.sa.earthlink.net> <3AAB80DC-6323-48BC-BCA5-516FAF1A8820@gmail.com> <CAFfkXxtQZZe6YvG9w7+NJagJpkoq_1VKhdUP9q4+4AnxycLMZQ@mail.gmail.com> <04DF46C1-4AE7-4EDC-BD5E-D7845CFB15EA@gmail.com> <89CA9178-0F1A-4ECC-93F8-75C7302423BF@gmail.com> <33AEDF2D-FACF-4CA3-812B-C34E07B38B7D@gmail.com> <CE039D1C-A979-4D11-B40A-112E559590B6@gmail.com> <96F23A6C-5702-48A2-A38A-6D2D703FBC93@gmail.com> <76ABB9EF-EAF0-4AF4-9665-BEF8DB24D738@gmail.com>

Steve one collateral benefit of the live view with the M (typ 240) at least
is tht you can check precisely what any lens is delivering to the sensor at
any setting so you can check precisely the calibration state of lens and
RF. With a lens like the Earlier Noctis or the Summilux 35 with a perfectly
calibrated system you can see exactly the consequence of focus shift for
example. The ideal state would depend on just what you pick of course. I
mean if wide open at x distance is your favoured plan tht may not be
exactly the same as say f/4 at same distance for example. I never tried any
of the Sonys but again just with the M and so only MF lenses of course for
me the RF is consistently more precise thanLive-view for most applications.
I can think of a couple of scenarios which are exceptions.

--

Cheers
Geoff

Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Noctilux and Sony A7?)