Subject: [Leica] Two from The Online Photographer
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 08:05:25 -0600

Bob,

I hear your pain about Beta, but it was bettah.   Funny thing, I had it at
home, and kept using it for my off-air recordings quite happily as it was
head and shoulders over VHS.  (I still have my machine.)  We had a VHS
machine for rental tapes.

On the other hand, in the broadcast field, by the early eighties, Beta
morphed into Betacam and became the standard for broadcast. We used it for
Electronic News Gathering for a long time and is still used for archiving
in a many places.

--
Regards,

Sonny