Subject: [Leica] [OM] And now a Lightroom question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 23:20:26 -0500

The Adobe people I'm very found of. They don't fool around. They don't waste
time. They are working to make their stuff better. Any adobe upgrade is a
big deal and a big day. Till I got on the internet I never heard anybody say
"is this new upgrade worth it?".

On 12/2/14 10:55 PM, "Bob Adler" <rgacpa at gmail.com> wrote:

> The combo of LR for asset management (keeping your photos organized and
> ranked/sortable) and initial raw processing, and Photoshop for refined
> development is, IMO, unbeatable.
Now that you can create an ACR layer in
> Photoshop, LR may be only needed for organizing.

For many, LR is good enough
> and upgrades are considered unnecessary: I envy. For me each LR major
> upgrade
> offers better raw processing and refined raw adjustments. I see the
> differences and they do make a difference. The once every three year
> Photoshop
> upgrades were expensive. The subscription service is about equal cost in
> the
> long run if the price doesn't change too much. The benefits of getting
> upgrades to both for $10/mo are well worth it to me!

Ymmv

Sent from my