Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Lug book deadline
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:17:57 +1000

Hi Alan. For photobooks, I don't think that Blurb supports any eBook option
but for iPad.
However when the book is published, I shall test my copy on my Macbook Pro
for you.
It is possible to sell through Amazon too, but Kindles are not really
suitable for a book of images like this. To publish it as an iBook requires
more jumping through hoops and complication too.

The eBook version that I plan preserves the print layout as would a PDF.
However, I had to make a decision earlier, in consultation with Jim, to not
make the book available as a PDF. We felt that may not meet everyone's
approval in that unauthorised copies of images might be more readily made
and I don't own the images of course.
Depending on final participation there may be less pages than previously in
the print versions , in which case those will be cheaper. The only markup
will be the donation to Jim's charit, as before and I think that the
postage options are now cheaper than in some previous years.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman