Subject: [Leica] IMG: New studio beauty portrait
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 06:33:29 +1000

Thanks so much for looking and your kind comments Jean-Michel. I use the S2
almost all of the time in studio now but the M (typ 240) works very well
too and I guess I shot several thousand frames with it in studio as well.
I like that set with Jessalee in the red dress a lot. She is a very
confident, happy, high energy woman for sure. Also a very good MUA and
hairdresser when not modelling herself.

On the technical side, I was experimenting with an ultra short duration
studio flash which freezes the movement in a striking way. Jessalee was in
full flight for some and I tried both the S2 and the M to catch the moments
I wanted. I pre-focused with both cameras. I was very pleased to see how
easy it was to catch the right moment with the M especially and of course
there is no viewfinder blackout so the movement is easy to follow.

The 'reflections' were added when I developed the images.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman