Subject: [Leica] IMG: RicC PAW2014.44
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 21:04:26 -0000

Ric, the heron pic was felicitous but it was fairly obvious the train hadn't
a chance of swatting it in any way :-)

For me, I like Yacht, but I like the Moore Square Station Trio more. The
picture, in its own way, ponders the current state of the western world, and
the likely sad fate that awaits those of us that overeat - or at least
overeat junk food. I say this without any intention of offending anyone,
but, in rushing to hospital with my cancer stricken wife - which I have to
do more regularly than I would like - frequently brings me into contact with
hugely obese people having massive heart attacks in the ER with often, and
seemingly sadly inevitable, tragic results. When I was growing up, people of
this size were extremely rare. Just look at the old black and white photos.
What is it with us now?

For a youngish woman, the photo brings a new meaning to statuesque. I mean,
you could make two statues out of her. Were the jeans sprayed on? Anyway, I
wouldn't care to share a seating row with her: my memory of emergency mouth
to mouth rescusitation is now somewhat diminished...

Douglas