Subject: [Leica] [OM] IMG: The Blessing, Redone
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:52:18 -0800

Hi Tina & Nathan:

My re-action is the same as both of you. It's there and I'm covering it as a
"NEWS EVENT?" The mike stays or if space and time allow. And I could find an
angle where the mike wasn't seen? I suppose shooting from his right-hand
side in this case?

But only if there was space and it also afforded an interesting angle I
could move to. OR? I was allowed to move to, I would?

That option doesn't always present itself at an event such as this.

However, if nothing could be done then you run with the image you captured
with no concerns about the mike as it's part of being a photojournalist and
not a commercial shooter who would probably clean the shot up and remove it.

But as Tina points out. When and if she were to sell it as a "commercial
photo" not a "news photo." She Might? Could? Maybe no mike in sight?
Particularly these days on a computer screen, it's a piece of cake! And that
is fair game.

However? These days with so many unscrupulous characters with all kinds of
"recording devices?" What you see isn't real in many cases. Or they'd not
likely have seen the mike as a "Real Photographer would!" And if used in any
form of news event they'd change the reality of the moment. ERGO? It becomes
a lying cheating piece of untruthful piece of garbage! That should be in
file 13! The garbage pit!

cheers,
Dr. ted