Subject: [Leica] would you prefer a digital m with a manual shutter winder?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 05:14:45 +1000

Kyle, I suggest that you try the M (typ 240) with a friend or dealer
perhaps.
There are numerous improvements over the M9. Regarding the specifics that
you mention, its shutter has no recocking noise at all and at a maximum
frame rate of 3 fps (continuous) it is 50% faster if you need a rapid
sequence. On single releases you cannot fill the buffer in a rapid
sequence. Yes you will still have to remove the baseplate every 400 frames
or so to change the memory card depending on the size you use of course.
The battery will go for much longer than that in fact at least in stills
mode. How much inconvenience is that?

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman