Subject: [Leica] IMG: "Tristes Tropiques" book project
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 10:04:01 +0100

Well Mitch, I've looked at both and have to say I thought they brought a
sense of the buzz that comes from living in a busy city. That said the
stronger images for me were the ones that showed some contact between the
photographees and the photographer, no matter how fleeting. The third last
in the B&W is one of the strongest.

However, I do have to say - yet again - expecting comments from people on a
list as image heavy as the LUG is more than mildly ambitious. Most of us
have little enough time, and other demands driving our lives. I do look at
every image, but, as I'm retired (but busy) and can't afford to hire a
secretary to type up any potential comments, they remain unuttered. Life can
be disappointing betimes, but then again, maybe I'll win the lottery and be
able to hire a team of secretaries to type wordy essays on each photograph's
lighting, composition, punctum, etc., but then again, the chances of that
are unlikely...

:-)

Keep clicking

Douglas