Subject: [Leica] Do you remember why you joined the LUG?
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:40:01 -0500

George, the very first camera that I bought for myself was a used Leica
IIIa with a coated Elmar 50/3.5 and a Leitz N.Y. flash attachment.  This
was in 1952.  I did a lot of studying before this purchase, and felt it
was the best buy for the money.  I used it for years, and still have it,
though I journeyed through a variety of other cameras as eyes aged, etc.

I always felt sort of alone in the hinterlands with my Leica. There were
few Leica owners around to compare notes with.  When I discovered the
LUG, it was kind of like a family reunion.  Though my Leicas were
retired when I changed to digital, I still enjoy the camaraderie of the
LUG, and find the Gallery irreplaceable.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA