Subject: [Leica] Comparing Backlight B&W MM and Film
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 15:48:16 +1000

Yes all great shots. It is the content that is important of course. For web
size images the differences are more subtle.
When you talk about comparing you have to decide which things are important.
When you scan anything you are also limited by what the scanner can do as
well. The lens of the scanner and how accutarte it tracks and the contrast
and dynamic range it can record.
With the same camera lens and correct exposure and same subject the
Monochrom files are a LOT better than anything you can get with scanned
35mm film as far as smoothness and tonal range and resolution.
 Side by side you can see the difference. When you look at the files zoomed
in on a computer the differences are very obvious.
None of that may matter for web images.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman