Subject: [Leica] Best recent books of Leica photography?
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 13:38:24 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Wow! That truly is a "No Brainer"  Just ordered a copy from
Amazon for $24.95....Appreciate the info!

Montie

>>Edward Weston: One Hundred Twenty-Five Photographs" I see on a table
upstairs in the photo section of the Strand Bookstore in Manhattan  just
under Union Square.
Its a classy white square book in a slipcase not too big not too small.
Was selling for 75 bucks and would be worth it.
It's now selling for $20....  a no brainer as far as I go. I'm getting it
this week. They said they had more in the back room or I'd not have left
with out it a few days ago. After they said there was a back room.
Today maybe I'm going there and grabbing it.
Gorgeously printed like you'd hope contact prints from 8x10 negs would be.
They'd be slight reductions not enlargements
And  a few images of his I'd not recalled seeing.
Like a portrait of his friend Ansel Adams which is reminiscent of
Feininger's most famous shot of a guy with a Leica on his face.
Only Ansel's camera is his Contax with the second eye finder. And it was
done before Feininger's not after.
He'd just got the camera that day the Contax people gave it too him making
him a Contax guy over a Leica guy.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/32357038 at N08/8326852329/

"Good artists copy, great artists steal."
Pablo Picasso

There actually is a shot he AA got with it you'll see in his books. Of
Stieglitz no less.