Subject: [Leica] What a great guy! Uncle Dr. Ted
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 23:32:05 -0700

Richard Man OFFERED:

To: Leica Users Group

>>>On a ferry back to Vancouver now. Spent a pleasant afternoon visiting
uncle
>>>Ted. He told us stories and showed us pictures. A gentleman, mentor,
great
>>>photographer and a friend.  Thank you.  Photos later when I have access
to the laptop.<<<<<<<<<<

COMPLETE WITH: ?  PHOTOS LATER???????????

NOW you see this e-mail wording AND???????????? Doesn't it kind of leave you
with a teensy bit of ""WONDERING OF"" ....."photos later?????????????? :-)
Particularly when you know you have been photographed with several types of
35mm cameras? "AND A 4X5 FILM CAMERA!!!!!!!!!! AND TWO PHOTOGRAPHERS. :-)
HOLY COW????????????????? ;-)

Now knowing you have just been shot on 4X5 film and a camera of that size ON
TRIPOD????? Isn't that enough to give you the willies???? Certainly when the
last time you sat for a portrait of sorts was about 65 years ago! :-)
Anything since have usually been wild and crazy photo moments and fun!:-)
:-)

However, not to fear as the photographers? Yep two of them, Christina and
Richard Man while we spent an incredibly wonderful afternoon chit chatting
enjoying our new "LUG FAMILY MEET & GREET FACE TO FACE ENCOUNTER!!!!":-) And
looking at HAPPY SNAPS! :-)

Yes many of you who've been "LUG FAMILY MEMBERS" for quite a number of years
and built a KIND OF family FRIENDSHIP ON THE SCREEN" TO HAVE IT BECOME A
FIRST CLASS "MEET & GREET WARM FACE TO FACE HAND SHAKE COMPLETE WITH A
FAMILY HUG" in REAL LIFE. Will understand what I mean as we've encountered
many of them solidifying the "LUG FRIENDSHIP ASPECT SO STRONGLY"

And yes Richard did say "PHOTOS LATER?" Me? I have the "old age make-up"
handy in case he wishes to have a re-shoot? ;-)

Yes this was a first time encounter for the three of us and the time was
magical enjoying our company together. And many of you and myself have had
our face to face warm handshakes of greetings and friendship and know what I
mean.. I feel these moments are absolutely extra special simply because we
"know each other off the screen and our written words of photography and
other facets of our lives. And the "REAL LIFE ENCOUNTER OCCURS??"

To Christina and Richard, thank you so very much for visiting and helping
fill my life with new found friendship! Love you both very much.

fondest regards to all the LUG family! :-)

cheers,
ted. :-)