Subject: [Leica] IMG: Why I Always Carry A Camera
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 22:52:39 -0700

Alan Magayne-Roshak OFFERED:
Seen at sunset in the parking lot after shopping for groceries.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Miscellaneous/20140921
_MR_Mine_LMX1020134.jpg.html>

I know the sun moves fast, so I pulled out my camera quickly and let my
shopping cart roll on.
By the time I retrieved it, the light was off the arrow.<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Alan,
Well I always carry my camera here in Victoria my home city built on
Vancouver Island in the Pacific Ocean for one reason   and one reason only!!

The seismologists' have been telling the inhabitants on Vancouver Island
that some day the BIG ONE WILL HAPPEN!!" :-(
The "BIG ONE" MEANING A "GIGANTIC EARTHQUAKE AND THE WHOLE ISLAND!" ......
it's about 300 hundred miles north-south in length. about 100 miles in the
widest center section and a fair number of good sized mountains..

"IT'S GOING TO SLIDE INTO AND UNDER A GOOD PORTION OF THE PACIFC OCEAN"
They've been telling us for years and once in a while we get a bit of rock,
rattle and roll! So I never go anywhere without my Leica rangefinder camera
just in case the "BIG ONE HITS!":-)

I have got it all worked out after a couple of rolling moments when didn't
have my camera. BUT IN OVER 30 YEARS LIVING HERE???????? AS LONG AS MY LEICA
IS ON MY SHOULDER THERE'S NEVER BEEN A SQUEAK OF EARTH MOVING,

SO I'M THE SAVIOUR OF THE ISLAND!!!! As long as I have my Leica everything
is going to be cool and still!

NO CAMERA? SURE AS HELL I'LL BE SWIMMING IN THE PACFIC DUE TO NOW HAVING A
HOME ON THE WATER FRONT! OR UNDER IT! :-)

cheers,
ted

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978