Subject: [Leica] IMG: Transported for Life
From: gwpics at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 07:10:34 +0100

It is images like this that make England the place that it is, so full of
history and stories. Without transportation to 'the colonies'  families
would not have been ripped apart for very petty crimes by todays standards,
and Australia would not have it's English heritage. Jayanand, you should
know how hundreds were 'transported' from India to Fiji as recently as the
late 19th/early 20th by the British Raj with very little choice in the
matter. We forget what we have done when we criticise others.

Nice image by the way Jay (sorry, I had a bit of a rant first!)

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
+44 (0)797 287 7932