Subject: [Leica] Bokeh and Lenses
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 22:48:49 +0000

I think he has pulled the site (as part of an overhaul) where he said that
the 'king of bokeh' was wrong, he was shooting at mid-distance at f5.6 where
most lenses look the same....
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m-lenses/259832-king-bokeh-killed-its-father.html

john

PESO:

Mike Johnston (The Online Photographer) has written quite a bit about
bokeh.  He has a pdf in which he rates many lenses for their bokeh.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/files/bokehrankings5.pdf

He also comments that bokeh gets more problematic:

the larger the aperture
the closer the focus
the more distant the background
the more contrasty the background

No wonder I had problems.  My 3 photos included all of the problematic
possibilities!

Guess I'll try again.   The Summicron does get a 10 in the lens ratings.

Tina

--
Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com